Organisation: Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH)
Type: Professional body for environmental health professionals
Service: Awards programme consultancy
Brief: Repurpose and project manage the launch and delivery of CIEH’s flagship awards programme to ensure they celebrate the work by environmental health professionals and reflect the position of CIEH as the champion of good practice.
Activity: An analysis of their current awards programme and others in the sector informed how the new awards programme would give CIEH a point of difference and be positioned as the award people wanted to win. Activity included:
- categories to reflect the CIEH strategic pillars and environmental health priorities;
- sector-specific judges assigned to categories;
- clear and transparent judging process;
- online entry;
- introduction of processes and procedures for ease of project management in-house in the future;
- budget line for income;
- sponsorship sought for the first time.
Legacy: The awards programme is now managed in-house, and is profitable with an increased number of entries year-on-year. The aim was to grow the programme to a point at which the presentation dinner needed a bigger venue. This has now happeend from year 3 of the awards.