You have a specific project or a resource shortfall and are looking for a PR Consultant who is an experienced PR professional.
You work for a membership organisation and want someone who understands the sensitivities of working alongside volunteers and the intricacies of representing members.
You want someone who understands and speaks the same language as your board / council / senior management team and is not afraid to stand their ground when they think a decision will adversely affect the reputation of your organisation.
When you hire me
When we work together you get a Chartered PR Practitioner and award-winning PR consultant (I am also a Chartered Marketer) all rolled into one. Leaving your public relations in my safe hands frees you and other senior staff to carry on with what you do best without any worries or need to micro-manage what I do.
Confidence in my expertise
I don’t rest on my laurels and rely on skills learnt in the past. I am hungry to keep learning – I subscribe to the theory that you can always teach an old dog new tricks.
Public Relations is fast-moving so to be the best I can be for you, and remain at the forefront of PR practice in terms of skills and knowledge, I undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) through my memberships of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Formal validation of my skills and experience comes in the form of chartered status. My Chartered PR status, as conferred by the CIPR, is the ‘benchmark of professional excellence and integrity which represents the highest standard of knowledge expertise and ethical practice.” As a Chartered Marketer through the CIM, I am recognised as achieving the highest level in the marketing profession and demonstrating a commitment to keeping skills up-to-date. To maintain both status, I commit to a minimum amount of learning and development each year.
What my experience means for you
When I pitch for the privilege of working with your organisation, you get my 27 years of PR experience, skills and knowledge at your disposal. I’ve been around the PR block a few times, have tried and tested lots of tools and tricks of the trade in lots of situations for membership organisations plus businesses from sole traders to international PLCs.
You can be confident that the advice and recommendations I give to you come from a place of ‘been there, seen it, done it’ and are based on what I believe is the best solution for you.
With me on your team you benefit from:
- strategic advice and guidance from 27 years experience in public relations working with boards, councils, senior management teams and business owners
- a champion for public relations and what it can achieve when embedded in business strategy and not left as a bolt-on or afterthought
- a PR consultant who thinks strategically yet is not afraid to roll her sleeves up to get stuck in and deliver the strategy to (more than) satisfactory results
- tracked results as metrics are put in place so value is demonstrated every step of the way
- a virtual or physical marketing presence – depending on where you are based, I will either work from your offices, or mine, or a mixture of the two
- access to a team of trusted suppliers – Team Bojangle – for when you need specialist advice, e.g. web design, search engine optimisation, graphic design, photography
- flexibility as I work on an interim, freelance or project basis
If you think I am what you need to move your project or membership organisation forward then get in touch. If I do not believe that I can help you, either because I am committed to other clients and do not have the capacity to do justice to your project / situation, or I do not believe my skills are the best fit, I will be honest and advise you accordingly. I work with other PR consultants – only those who are members of a professional body and have therefore signed up to abide by a code of conduct – and will refer you to a trusted alternative.
Get in touch today to get talking on your project or requirement.