If you MUST advertise, or feel an overwhelming desire to pay lots of money to see your company in print, then for goodness sake THINK about your advert and what the person reading it needs.
Here are my top five DON’Ts for advertising:
- DON’T write long and waffly copy – keep it short, sweet and to the point
- DON’T forget to include your contact details … seriously, there are companies that forget these. How can potential customers get in touch?
- DON’T use a small font that makes the advert hard to read … especially if you are using a small font to fit in more copy – read tip 1 again
- DON’T use a stock photo or image that most others in your industry use as you will just blend in with everyone else … a quick search of osteopaths in the yellow pages will show you what I mean
- DON’T forget a call-to-action … this is a reason for the reader to call you and not to get in touch with the company advertising next to you. A free report or discount with a code to quote (so you know which advert they are responding to) will work wonders.