Professionalise how you communicate with members and build your future
This page is for you if you are an association CEO and you:
- do not have a dedicated PR / Marketing / Communications function, or
- want to professionalise how your membership organisation communicates / markets your proposition, or
- have a stand-alone project which does not readily fit into your PR / Marketing / Communications function.
As an external consultant specialising in the membership sector, I bring expertise and insight gained from working with trade associations, professional bodies, and associations up to senior management and board levels. An eclectic mix of experience which blends together for the right skills and knowledge to provide the solutions you need.
My 30+ year career in PR & Marketing spans organisations large and small, in a wide range of industries, in the private and not-for-profit sectors … predominantly for membership organisations.
As a result of the variety and scope of the many projects I have worked on and delivered over the years, the services I provide are eclectic and complementary. Take your pick from the list below or, if you have a specific project in mind you feel my knowledge and experience will be of value for, get in touch using the form at the bottom of the page.
The projects I like best and which light my fire are the open-ended variety – you know the type:
- we need to increase income without touching membership fees
- how can we engage with stakeholders
- what can we do to add more value with limited resources
- how can we support members in their career progression
- we need to deliver our new five-year plan
- how can we promote the capabilities of our members
Defined projects get thrown my way too, such as:
- develop a CPD programme
- create or revamp an awards programme
- build a new website to increase recruitment
- write articles and member communications
Previous roles and contracts include:
- create an in-house PR & Communications function including processes and procedures, recruit team members and manage the function day-to-day
- overhaul and create bespoke awards programmes
- research and create a Member Value Proposition to aid recruitment and retention
- review professional development strategy and recommended a new programme so the function is fit-for-purpose and sustainable
- create a bespoke CPD programme (the first for its sector), build the website and online delivery platform, plus devise the launch marketing strategy